Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Navdeep,
I would ,rather, begin by complimenting you for doing a thorough presentation of material which I find very comprehensive ,very competently illustrated to cover the historical background of the main issues involved.
But unfortunately, still ,there is element of indecision left in the minds of the decision makers who have been faltering till date to set the parity demanded by the aggrieved services.There is certainly no conjecture to support the facts brought out so lucidly & candidly in your presentation.Yet ,the Group of ministers/PMO have failed to act & have half heartedly accepted the just demand of raising the Pay band 4 with Grade pay of Rs 8000/- instead of Rs 8700 with the rider of so called restricion placed on about 30 odd deputationists on the flimsy clause of "combat readiness".
I fail to understand the reason for the delay in issue of further instructions.
What kind of delibrations are under consideration by forming another committee to contemplate afresh on deciding the remaining core issues ,which have been postponed indefinitely ?
God help the sensibility of those responsible to sort out the matter which is merely kept pending due to sheer indecisiveness of the authorities both political & other functionaries of the Govt.
With regards,

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Canada
I am 75+,a retired Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics).I started my career in IAF as PBOR in 1955.I was also trained in US AIR FORCE in 1963-64 & in USSR AIR FORCE in 1978. I was awarded Chief Of Air Staff Medal on passing out First In Order Of Merit from Air Force Technical College in 1969 & subsequently awarded Commendation by AOC-IN-C- Maintenance Command IAF in 1972 & Chief Of Air Staff in 1982.I am a graduate in Electronics & Communicatons from the AIR UNIVERSITY, US AIRFORCE as well as from the INSTITUTION OF ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERS(INDIA).I retired from IAF in the rank of Wing Commander ( S) in Aug 1989& presently settled in Canada since Nov 1993.